Tia Mowry-Hardrict: Cree 'Gets a Little Jealous' of Aden

Tia Mowry-Hardrict Puffs Dress for Success
Bret Hartman/AP


Tia Mowry-Hardrict and her twin sister Tamera Mowry-Housley couldn’t be closer, but the siblings have to work a bit harder to get their little boys on that same level.


“I will be honest, Cree [20 months] gets a little jealous [of his 3-month-old cousin],” Mowry-Hardrict, 34, tells PEOPLE Tuesday at Blushington in West Hollywood.


“When I was trying to feed Aden, Cree started crying. I have to just slowly introduce Aden into our world. It’s kind of hard on Cree, but he loves Aden. We really, really enjoy having him around.”


Luckily, the mommies give their kids plenty of opportunity to get acquainted.

“My sister and I try to see each other once a week,” Mowry-Hardrict, who teamed up with Puffs and Dress for Success’s Virtual Kiss program, says. “We actually just had a play date. We went to the Grove and hung out.”


Being a mom is tiring for the actress, who is working on a new sitcom, Instant Mom, but there are a few things that manage to keep her energized.


“I just look at my son,” she says. “When I’m away from him, I really feel it. I’m exhausted, I feel like a zombie. I’m like, ‘What am I going to do?’ But when I see him and I see the smile on his face, it just gives me this instant burst of energy.”


Adds Mowry-Hardrict, “I’m very into holistic living and very healthy eating, so I don’t run to coffee or caffeine. I think it drops you rather quickly. Instead I juice with my husband [Cory Hardrict] every single morning. I have kale, celery, ginger, a little bit of garlic, parsley and cucumber. I drink half in the morning and half in the afternoon. And that’s my energy drink.”


Luckily, her new hairdo also saves her from wasting any additional energy.


“I think it’s very practical for me because I am a mom,” she says. “Now I can just get in the shower and put some conditioner in my hair. I have curly hair, so this makes it easy to just go. But I also have a great stylist who can just [style] my hair in so many different ways. It does take a while when you want to do a straight look. But when I want to go au naturel, I just get out of the shower, and boom — I’m done.”


Clearly, motherhood is working for Mowry-Hardrict, because she’s already planning for more little ones.


“Cree’s almost two, and I really, really want him to be close with his sibling,” she says. “So I would say I’m having more kids sooner rather than later.”


– Dahvi Shira


You're reading an article about
Tia Mowry-Hardrict: Cree 'Gets a Little Jealous' of Aden
This article
Tia Mowry-Hardrict: Cree 'Gets a Little Jealous' of Aden
can be opened in url
http://newstetchily.blogspot.com/2013/02/tia-mowry-hardrict-cree-little-jealous.html
Tia Mowry-Hardrict: Cree 'Gets a Little Jealous' of Aden